Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pshh! NYC isn't THAT Big

First star sighting!! If you can call her a star...

Haley Reinhart


Yesterday afternoon when I was coming back from lunch with a friend, I spotted Haley with her body guard. Scotty McCreery from NC and Lauren Alaina were performing on the Today show this morning. Haley had her performance on Regis and Kelly scraped because Bono was going to perform the week she got booted off the show. Regis and Kelly asked her to come back today, which is why she was in town. She was just walking along Broadway with her body guard and father, who I also recognized from American Idol. People were screaming at her, so I didn't go over to talk to her. I never liked her attitude anyways, but hey...a star's a star.

Scotty McCreery
I had lunch with Ryan who is working in the financial district of NYC, then we walked around Wall Street. And we found the signature bull of NYC  It was miserable yesterday outside because of the humidity. I showered three times yesterday, no lie. I never remember NC being this hot outside. I got an e-mail from the woman I am interning for at the National Down Syndrome Society and we are ready to get going on some projects on Monday! I am so excited to meet everyone again and get started.

Bull off of Wall Street
When I got back from walking around NYC with Ryan, I watched a movie and napped for a while. I woke up and  got dinner at the cafeteria where I made a new friend who goes to school in Canada. There were people in the cafeteria wearing UNC shirts! THEN, as I was headed to the gym, I ran into a Phi Mu, Ali Martinez, who I did not know was living in NYC! THEN I ran into two more students from UNC at the gym and one of them was in my popular culture class this past semester. I swear, this place isn't THAT big. ;-) Two girls from UNC are moving up here this weekend about a mile away and hopefully my roommate will also move in this weekend. I'm pumped because I don't feel so by myself any longer and I know it will get better and better as the weeks go by. My friend Alexa is coming to stay the night with me tonight and tomorrow and she has an itinerary! She is from Long Island. We also want to go up to the Upper East/West side to mess around. I want to go to Serendipity, which is a famous restaurant known for their desserts and cold hot chocolate. http://www.serendipity3.com/food.htm

I'm sure I'll have a lot of great pictures from the next couple days! Still waiting to hear back from people about a job... Most said I'd hear back in a week or so, which is not what I wanted to hear, but I'll be patient.

Jobless in NYC,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment