Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Menagerie of the Bronx Zoo

Bison!

Elephants from the monorail   

Today was Bronx Zoo day! On Wednesdays, you get free entry, but like everything else in New York City, nothing is every free. Everything is in houses and you have to pay for certain parts of the zoo, such as the monorail, butterfly house, gorilla house, and some other good ones.

The only penguin

Lemur!

Why did I take a picture of a turtle?

Heather, my sister. ;-)
My sister and I always had a competition of who would say this first whenever we saw a monkey: "Look! There's my sister!!" Then, of course, we'd sing the Mary Kate & Ashley song, "I am the cute one. She's just my sister." Miss you sissy! See you soon.
"The Striped Horse" as the kid beside me called it

Love some giraffes!


This caterpillar was very hungry
 The zoo was great, but they didn't have a hippo OR a panda. And that's just very, very silly. Hippos are my favorite animal.
"Mia" the cobra that escaped a while back...She was mighty popular!

Friendly neighborhood grizzly bear

A Polar Bear

 Also, the zoo was humongous. I think I walked 8 miles today. I'm exaggerating, but not that much. All the animals were so close and you could almost reach out and touch them. But I must say... I felt very badly for the animals. I saw the zoo from a different perspective. I feel bad they weren't in their natural environment, though I know most of these animals were rescued from bad situations or helped by the zoo.


These camels were giving rides!

Wild Horses

Rawr

A type of Asian deer that never lose their white spots

flamingos
Peace. Love. NYC., 
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, so much fun! We had wanted to take Collin to the Bronx Zoo.

    ReplyDelete