Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ode to the Dogs

The fountain in Washington Sq. was turned on today!

Doggie Park in Washington Sq.
I love dogs very much. I miss my little baby Cocker Spaniel, Kaylee, when I'm away. I got to spend a few weeks with her before I came to NYC, so I must say that everyone owning a dog has been kind of ruff (pun). However, I don't really enjoy the rat dogs. You know what I'm talking about...Those dogs that look more like that mouse you've been trying to kill under your house instead of a fluffy animal you love on for 10+ years.There are a LOT of rat dogs in NYC.

Anyways, Washington Square was having a dog festival today. Imagine my joy! They had adopt-a-pet vans everywhere with the dogs wear bandanas if they were needing a good home. Here in NYC, dogs are literally your accessory (as are babies--so.many.children.everywhere.). Businesses that you wouldn't believe allow dogs to walk their floors, including Bloomingdales! Other businesses have a "no dog" policy, which means the pooches are tied up and left for love from passer-byers like myself.

I swear dogs that are needing to be adopted have a different look to them. Their eyes look sadder. I'm not kidding. They look at you and say, "I may be the ugliest 7-year-old dog you've ever seen and my parents are a mix of 82 different breeds, but I need a home and someone to love me." So I decided to bring one home.






Just kidding.

T. Jefferson's Birthplace
But I do want a dog when I graduate and get settled in graduate school or a job.

Today was pretty uneventful. I walked a couple miles and learned some new streets. Got locked out of my dorm. Cleaned the room. Applied for some new jobs (Including Williams-Sonoma where the manager was a UNC alum-- hopefully, he'll take pity and hire me). Took some pictures. Made plans for the future in NYC, including free kayaking on the Hudson..


OH, I did visit Kleinfeld and dreamed of buying my wedding gown from there one day. Kleinfeld of Manhattan, I will be back once I find a man... Might be a while...

Kleinfeld Wedding Boutique, I'm coming for you!
Till Tomorrow.

Peace. Love. NYC.,
Carrie

P.S. I do miss you Kaylee. There is no dog in this city of 18.5 million that could ever compete with your spoiled rotten cutie patootie bootie.













American Tile Wall with Tiles all in memory of those lives lost in 9/11

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget Lucy! She sends her love to you!!

    ReplyDelete