Monday, February 20, 2012

Dreaming Big: $483,210.36 For the Kids

This weekend was a celebration of this year. All the happy tears, all the laughs, all the hours of not sleeping, all the people I've met, all the meetings, all the e-mails, all the money, but most importantly all the lives we've touched as an organization.

I'm so fortunate. I'm so lucky to have had this opportunity-- to have been involved with this organization and to have worked with the many passionate people here at Carolina on this cause.

My gratitude is overwhelming. My cup runneth over in a multitude of ways. 

 I slept a lot the day after. And I am still not fully well-rested. I think it's going to take some time. I have a lot I want to talk about concerning UNC Dance Marathon and this experience and what I've learned from it. I am still processing, but it's coming. I promise.


For now, I am okay with saying that there are occasional tears, but more often excitement over the final total and the 2,000 students who experienced the love and energy that we worked all year to provide.


 I'll never be the same. I'm forever changed and more eager than ever to touch more lives and to continue working for other non-profits.

I am so proud of these 14 people. We are an incredible team who love each other and this cause more than we can possibly say.

 

"When you laugh be sure to laugh out loud
'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it'll help you feel okay
And when you pray, pray for strength
To help you carry on
When the troubles come your way

And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big"
-Dream Big, Ryan Schupe 

No comments:

Post a Comment