Saturday, June 23, 2012

Okay, Whoa.

Okay, whoa. Where did the week go?

Quick recap. (With Instagram pics instead of real pics--follow me @cdobbins19)

It all started Monday when I spent the day playing with this munchkin.



Tuesday was spent catching up with friends at a Chapel Hill staple, Merritt's Store and Grill. My first visit was amazing-- glass bottles, good sandwiches, good company.



We went thrift store shopping because Pinterest has made my artsy-fartsy mind go into overload. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I've got plans for my future apartment. Big plans. Lucky me got this cute table for 11 bucks. Just needs a little personality makeover with paint and knobs.



Then a QUICK trip to Atlanta proved to be a learning experience. From informational interviews to experiencing IKEA for the first time to hearing the history of Coca-Cola, Atlanta is a pretty cool place. Maybe? Possibility?





I was quickly introduced to traffic.



And reintroduced to rooftop bars and restaurants, something I've desperately missed from my experience in NYC.



My love for driving was intensified with my purchase of this awesome CD and a beautiful sunset that welcomed me back to the Tar Heel state.




This weekend will be spent reading Horrible Harry books, playing knock-out, watching Free Willy on VHS and practicing my Scrabble skills (and actually being able to win) with two awesome kiddos.

Completely exhausted.

Until another day!

Always,
Carrie

P.S. A few shoutouts: Thank you to Maggie for showing me a little bit of Atlanta. Her mama for letting me stay overnight. Val for surviving this week. Liz for agreeing to see Brave with me tomorrow because, let's be real, it's about an independent, hard-headed woman just like me.

And thank you for all the interview well wishes! Job hunting is an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment