Friday, June 3, 2011

Serendipity: (noun) the chance of making fortunate discoveries by accident

When I met Alexa today to go on a NYC adventure, I had three specific places in mind. The addresses scribbled on a post- it, I was eager to get to Serendipity, Dylan's Candy Bar, & THE "love" sign. Plus, I wanted to journey through Central Park and Times Square. I met Alexa on the Avenue of the Americas and I took the metro for the first time. The metro system is still really confusing to me and I never realized that they can be two or three stories below ground... Therefore, I need a partner in crime who knows exactly where they are headed.

Our first stop was Serendipity, known for its frozen hot chocolate. This famous restaurant is home to the $1,000 opulence sundae, but don't worry mom and dad, I did not take part. The opulence sundae has every kind of ice cream you can imagine and edible gold, caviar, and exotic fruits. The wait list for the restaurant was pretty long, so we decided to first get real food and we split a sandwich at Brasserie Restaurant, which I definitely recommend. Returning to Serendipity, the frozen hot chocolate was enough to put a smile on your face for days. OH. EM. GEE. :)

Central Park view of NYC
Dylan's Candy Bar is a famous candy store with locations in NYC, New Jersey, & Massachusetts. The one on the upper west side is the largest, with three stories of every candy imaginable and a cafe with yummy gelato, cupcakes, and cookies. Kids were having big birthday parties in there, too.
Oprah's favorite candy was fruit slices at Dylan's!
 Recently, on an Oprah show there was a special on Ralph Lauren and Dylan who owns the store is his daughter. She is engaged and getting married next month. Ralph is of course designing her gown!  This candy store is UNREAL. Sticking to my sweet tooth and favorite dessert (red velvet cake), I picked up a red velvet candy bar. I cannot wait to eat it! This place is a must-go for all NYC goers!

Alexa needed a dress for a graduation tomorrow and so we went into Bloomingdale's and then to Urban Outfitters, where she picked up a dress! There is SO much shopping in NYC and I literally have to keep myself in check to not go into every store. I need a job...I still haven't heard back from any place, but hopefully tomorrow I can go out looking again. Please hire me people.

The last couple days have been beautiful weather. When I say beautiful, I mean not-a-cloud-in-the-sky, 78 degrees with a nice breeze! What a perfect day for a stroll through Central Park. I am going to go to Shakespeare in the Park play coming up soon and I cannot wait to experience the park at night.


Alexa and I at Ruby Foos
 After shopping and looking around at all the beautiful things that 5th Avenue has to offer and strolling through Central Park, we went into Saint Patrick's Cathedral. They were holding a mass but visitors are allowed to come in at any time. The place was as beautiful as the outside and candles were amazing.


Times Square
 By the time we had travelled to all of these places it was about dinner time and we headed to a really good Asian restaurant called Ruby Foos. I had lettuce wraps that were to.die.for. Insanely delicious with coconut sticky rice!

Washington Square Monument
A tour through the Disney Store and Forever 21 in Times Square and it was time to head home! As I got off the metro (Alexa lives in Long Island), I walked through Washington Square for the first time at night. They FINALLY removed all of the gate that overtook the park as they were making renovations. There was a pianist underneath the archway that was playing on a grand piano he had rolled into the park. 

This city is so amazing. I cannot wait for more adventures and journeys.

Peace. Love. NYC,
Carrie

P.S. Speaking of LOVE. We also went by the famous LOVE sign! I dragged Alexa. She thought I was being too touristy. Maybe so, but I'm glad I was because it was awesome. Although under scaffolding because the building beside it was being renovated, it was still just like I've seen on TV.

P.P.S.S. Bought more postcards. Get excited.

More of today via pictures:

Happy Weekend everyone!


Alexa and I in Central Park


St. Patrick's Cathedral from the Inside

LOVE sign

Self-Explanatory

Outside of St. Patrick's Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment