Sunday, March 23, 2014

Love is a Verb.

Sometimes it happens on purpose. Sometimes it happens because one of you changes. Sometimes it's physical distance that causes it to happen. But whatever the reason, it's inevitable that friends or people that you care about will filter in and out of your life. And it will make you sad to think about it. But if you're lucky, it will make you grateful for the relationships that you do have. And you'll work to make sure that those relationships stay strong. You'll work to show them that their friendship means more than the average acquaintance. I have been lucky to meet some of those great friends through an organization in undergrad, and I always look forward to the times when we can be together again. This past week was one of those times. 




I got to witness the set-up of the UNC Dance Marathon where fourteen executive board members and thousands of dancers came together to raise over $550,000 for the North Carolina Children's Hospital. As I travelled back to Boone late Thursday night, all I could think about was how these folks demonstrate love. When I hear the stories of the families that they've impacted, it puts everything into perspective. For that, I am grateful.



Spring break was the most relaxed I've been in a while and coming up that mountain with this past week ahead of me was a bit daunting. And snow? Oh, we aren't done with snow...

ANYWAYS, while I was at the beach, I sat overlooking the ocean for hours reading and then playing with my nephew who turned four over the break. He is the funniest and most affectionate kid I've met. (Although I am a bit biased). His ninja turtle birthday party kicked butt... literally. Can you find Collin? 



The foam pit was obviously a big success. 

Happy Birthday, Collin Boo! 


My roommate also had a big birthday this week. A quarter of a century. I've been speaking to her in my "grandma" accent and using lots of "back in my days..." Hopefully, I'll have a place to live tomorrow. Happy Birthday, Carla Boo! 



Enjoying this John Mayer song this week and I think it was representative of my week. 

"Love ain't a thing. Love is a verb." 


1 comment:

  1. It’s really awesome. I love it. very interesting and meaningful post. I got some very important views in your post which are very good and applicable to me. I am sharing related topic which is most important for How to get free Fortnite Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete