Monday, March 10, 2014

Escaping Winter

Almost a year ago, I wrote a post about the awakening that I witnessed in New York City as spring finally made its appearance. The clouds parted, the sun melted the snow and the city came back to life. People came out of their dark, tiny apartments sleepily squinting at the brightness of the sun they had not seen in months.

Sign on Spring Street, NYC 
A year later, I am here to say that my feelings about winter have yet to change living in the mountains. While the snow paints a picturesque scene for me to look at outside my window, I have felt trapped inside four walls for far too long, and I was more than ecstatic to retreat to the beach this week.

Bass Lake - Boone, NC - January 2014 
Cabin on 321 towards Mountain City, TN - February 2014 

Cherry Grove, SC - March 2014 

Cherry Grove, SC - March 2014 

I think I am at my happiest at the beach - music, bathing suit, sun and my camera.

More to come soon and looking forward to this "new" blog. This week, I am enjoying spring break and spending time with my sweet nephew before he turns four and becomes a big brother.

Love Always,
Carrie

P.S. Music I am loving tonight: The Head & The Heart, Down in the Valley


No comments:

Post a Comment