Sunday, July 24, 2011

It’s Hotter Than…

Blue Blazes out there, people!

I’m talking, if you EVER wondered what it would be like to stand on the surface of the sun (which is close to one million degrees), then come to New York City!

You feel as if you haven’t showered in days as soon as you walk out the door and on top of that, you stick to everything, including other people in crowded areas. Nevertheless, I spent the weekend out in the heat. Yes, I wasn’t feeling well Thursday and Friday, but sleeping until one p.m. yesterday and eleven today and going to bed at ten each night made me a new person. My body doesn’t care much for lack of sleep, but it’s going to have to get over that quickly when UNC Dance Marathon and school begin in the fall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growing up, I never considered myself very creative even though I loved (and still love) crafting, I was a dancer, and I did a mean karaoke song. I love the arts, however, and I really feel like New York City is bringing me in touch with my more creative side. I’ve broadened my definition of creativity since I’ve been here, too, seeing beauty in the art of a musician playing a string like a violin for money or those who draw those terrible characteratures of people with large noses in Times Square.

Creativity is everywhere and this weekend, I’ve seen a lot of it...

Creativity in how to stay cool.

DSC01964

DSC01966

DSC01965

Creativity in a cupcake shop.

DSC01874

DSC01875

DSC01878

DSC01877

Creativity in clothes and shoes thanks to Alexander McQueen.

image

image

Creativity in the water.

DSC01888

DSC01889

Creativity that doesn’t make much sense (at the MET).

“Photography After Dark” Exhibit

DSC01880

Jim Henson’s creativity.

DSC01854

 

 

 

DSC01855

DSC01857

DSC01858

Creativity through the use of spray paint in Queen’s.

DSC01853

Creativity in architecture.

DSC01870

DSC01935

DSC01941

DSC01955

Creativity in the Museum of Metropolitan Art.

DSC01882

Mother Nature’s Creativity.

DSC01898DSC01902

Creativity and beauty in a sailboat (and pirate ship).

DSC01936

DSC01917

Creativity in packing your life inside of one trunk.

DSC01942

DSC01943

Step outside the box, and see creativity in everything.

Peace. Love. NYC.

Carrie Dobbins

P.S. More details on the places I visited in next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment