Friday, May 13, 2011

Rolling in the Music

      Hey!

      Blogger has been down the last few days, keeping me from blogging! BUT I'M BACK!

      Over the last few days I've been a little under the weather, so I've basically been planning my summer in NYC. I want to take in the city and I want to see and to experience as much as I can. Don't get me wrong, I've been there before, but taking in the tourist attractions doesn't count for me. Plus, I've been told if I go to any touristy locations, that I have friends who will disown me. Sorry bout it, Statue of Liberty.

     I want to get a taste of the city, but most importantly, I want to hear GOOD music! I've been told (and soon discovered online) that there are many free concerts during the summer. From Good Morning America to Central Park, concerts are everywhere and it is SO true. Lady Gaga is going to be there before I get there, which is a bummer. And so will Adele, my latest obsession of a musical artist. Bummer. BUT Florence and the Machine are performing a live concert in Central Park in July and you know I will be there with bells on!

     People have been sending me advice on places to eat, too. My friend Katie, for example, suggested yesterday that I eat at the Mussels Pot, which is on the same street as my internship. Hope that doesn't insinuate it's all seafood because I'm mostly allergic. Instead I would like a lot of muscular servers. Now that's something to dine on.

     Lastly, I want to see plays. I am a broadway GIRL! Broadway shows cost a lot of moolah, so I am going to have to figure out how to see them without spending money. Or, I read that Central Park does a lot of Shakespeare plays for free and as nerdy as it sounds, I'm going to be all over seeing those. 

  A few other things I want to accomplish:
  • Not becoming addicted to shopping while I'm there
  • Finding lots of restaurants where the locals eat
  • A really great red velvet cupcake
  • Meeting the cast of Glee as they dally around the city (NBD-- UNC-DM ENTERTAINMENT 2012) Or just meet a celebrity in general and tell them about UNC-DM
  • Try to be an audience member of the Daily Show or Colbert Report
  • Find a PAYING job (my internship isn't paid)
  • Be thoroughly entertained the whole time without paying much money for entertainment
  • Exercise around the city (They actually have workout classes you can take in Central Park)
      (Side note: I'm living in SOHO, which is not that close to Central Park....so learning the Metro system is going to be another accomplishment).

     Lastly, this school in New York, PS22, did this unbelievable rendition of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep", so I guess my last accomplishment will be to learn how to sing like Adele this summer... free voice lessons from PS22? Or from the Glee cast when I meet them or when they happen to arrive at UNC-DM 2012?

1 comment:

  1. Oh and you can pause the music at the bottom of the page if you want to watch the video!

    ReplyDelete