Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Learning to Love through Each Other

I love when the sun does a grand finale and seemingly sinks behind the ocean. 
I cannot even tell you how much I've missed the beach...

I was so excited when I found out that we would be having our Overall Committee Retreat at Atlantic Beach because not only is Atlantic Beach beautiful, but I also consider it home since I had many a-trip there growing up.

I got to spend the weekend with this bunch of crazy folks... 







Today marks one month until the marathon. Talk about absurd. How am I feeling about it? 
It's kind of like swan-diving into a crowd and you're a bit unsure if anyone will catch you. 

I'm so excited about the marathon. And yet, I am sad because this one month marks the beginning of the end. And I am unsure whether I can take it being over.


 We've spent hours working, e-mailing, staying up late to finish agendas, calendars, etc. We've planned events and raised money. (And still trying to reach goals).

 We've been silly. We've gained new friendships. We've learned to love through each other and through this organization.

 We're totally comfortable with calling each other out. I love that.
 So, I am going to enjoy.

And reflect on the beautiful parts of being apart of this Overall Committee. And getting to know these people the best I can. We have a driving passion. And we're proud to show it. 

Speaking of passion, my favorite blogger has done it again with her 2 for 2 fundraiser benefiting the National Down Syndrome Society, where I interned this summer. She is trying to raise $40,000 more dollars before her daughter's 2nd birthday. Literally, the most beautiful blog imaginable. And the most beautiful video imaginable. Check it all out. And donate! 
 
I made this video this summer to bring awareness for Down syndrome, if you want to learn more.

Also, Happy, Happy Birthday Nana! 
Until another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment