Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Tears

As long as I can remember, I have been a person who cries when I am happy. Happy tears.

Let me give you some examples...

When a friend got engaged at UNC Dance Marathon.

When I went to the UNC Achordants' concert last night and they were telling all the seniors they did a great job over their last four years at Carolina. And then sang "Lean on Me". 

When I was in class the other day and my professor gave a lecture on why she chose to be a professor and how saying "good-bye" is the hardest thing any human has to learn how to do.

And sadly, I happy cry whenever I watch a sappy chick flick, which I am planning on doing tomorrow. I'll bring the tissue, girlfriends.

I haven't been sad about graduation. Sure, I've said, "Whoa, hey graduation...Back off!"And sure, I've been nostalgic, posting pictures on Facebook and saying, "Remember when?"

But I'm ready for a new chapter. A new time to demonstrate what I've learned over my last four years. I've been so fortunate to go here. I'm happy because I'm grateful. Where would I be right now otherwise? What if I had made the choice to go to a different school? What if I hadn't met these amazing people around me?



This past week was senior week and we got to climb the bell tower and write our names on the brick walls, leaving our mark.




It's okay to be sad about graduation. I know it's hard to say good-bye. But more than anything, be happy. Be happy you got to experience all of this. We are so lucky.


 Doesn't mean that on graduation, I won't cry happy tears.

Thank you to my cousin, Kelly, for my first graduation present. Carolina + Photography, two of my favorite things!



 Today when I was listening to iTunes, a song came on...

"On the edge of a moment,
In the land that we love,
In the time that our best has to be good enough,
Like all those before us, we start out alone,
We race from our schoolyards, into the unknown...
With hearts in our hands,
Like loaded guns,
We're taking a chance,
We're the lucky ones,
This moment is yours,
This moment is mine,
And we're gonna be fine."

How appropriate.

Happy Weekend, Everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on an unrelated note, my dad shot a hole-in-one during a Boys and Girls Club tournament in Kinston yesterday. When he called, he sounded like a little kid and I could hear his grin through the phone. And he made the local newspaper headlines this morning









No comments:

Post a Comment