Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Presidential Experience

Today at 3p.m., I will walk out of my final class as an undergraduate at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.


As if that wasn't hard enough, I woke up this morning to this article in The Daily Tar Heel. Allison Hawkins, I don't know who you are, but you are incredibly right about the inability to comprehend the meaning of Carolina.

"I can’t articulate or even comprehend everything this place has meant to me. Maybe I’ll never be able to. Maybe none of us can.
But it is love." 

I could never give you just one UNC moment that made me say, "I cannot believe I go here."
But I know that one of those times happened yesterday when I stood with the rest of the Carolina campus and local community and watched as the President of the United States walked across a tiny stage to talk to North Carolina about student loans.

Thousands of people with tickets in hand lined up  early yesterday morning to get a chance to hear Obama speak.

Kelsey, Gracie and I got amazing seats right behind the podium.

Around 10a.m., the place started filling up



























































Some wave action got started
So many cameras.









'Amazing' doesn't even begin to describe yesterday. No matter what your political beliefs are-- I'm not even sure of mine some days-- the President of the United States chose to come to UNC to talk with our students. And that right there makes me say, "I cannot believe I go to school here."

Carolina, I'm so fortunate to have had the opportunity to be apart of this campus for the last four years and my time here will always be incredibly memorable. 

Happy Last Day of Classes! 

Always,
Carrie






No comments:

Post a Comment