Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Moved INNNN!

         Just had my hall meeting to go over rules for living in the dorm. I thought everyone would be eager to talk and get to know each other, but it was strictly business-- hah! Hey, I'm Carrie and I'm from NC. Response: Okay, Cool... *side eye cut* With the group I was with tonight of about 20 people that moved into Goddard, most people were from north of the Mason Dixon and knew the city/area really well.

NYC from Jerzey
          ANYWHO! I moved in today. I am officially a city dweller! This is literally the coolest area of NYC-- not that I've lived anywhere else in the city. After my parents moved me in and we ate lunch, I made my way out into the big.......Oh, wait..forgot something. I lost my I-pod first. Then I called the place where I left it and they are mailing it to me! Hallelujah! What would I do without that thing?! The Fedex'd it from Jersey City...3 miles away....womp. The lady told me to take a train over to Jersey and I was like, uh.... Either this will be a good adventure or a bad one and I was too much of a scaredy cat to test the waters of the metro just yet. Hopefully, I will test them tomorrow, 'cuz I have adventures PLANNED.
A picture I took of the WTC from Jersey City

I thought my roommate would move in today, but she did not. So I have this big 'ol room by myself. I have the hustle and bustle of buses and taxis sounding outside my window with the occasional sound of a horn or siren. Speaking of siren, seriously-- this place is oober safe.... I feel so comfortable here.  And anyways I ventured out into the city after my parents left. My first stop was....K-mart for hand soap. Three stories of K-mart. I had to ask where EVERYTHING was... I got sent to the third floor. Then the basement.... Then street level. "OH. The hand soap! I thought you said dish soap".... C'mon people....

I love all the cobblestone roads.
Also, I went to Crumbs Cupcake Shop and ordered a grasshopper cupcake. I WILL get in shape while I'm here. I WILL. But that starts Tuesday after the holiday weekend! I walked a lot of places and sent out  postcards so be on the lookout, you UNC-DM OC. Also..I met a guy from Penn State and may or may not have harassed him about THON. Poor guy is not involved with it... 

Which brings me to the Pepsi soda story. Okay, I love me some Pepsi. I went down to the basement of my dorm to retrieve a Diet Pepsi and it comes out. I sip it and pppppppssssssssh. I spit it out immediately. What is this...flavor? Is this something they sell only in the North? Oh, no. Just expired in 2009. Yummy... Come to find out that "Coke is preferred". Well, Carrie's in town and I prefer Pepsi.

My dorm is on the street to the  right of this statue.

Tomorrow I am going to look for a job... I want to apply at the Loft, but as I was looking at all my clothes today, I realized... I shop there too often to work there, I think... We'll see what happens when I go apply some places tomorrow. Everywhere on campus is closed for Memorial Day! What happened to the concept of the city there never sleeps..or closes? :)

I Love Kristin Chenoweth and her song "14G" about living in NYC: 14G

Till Tomorrow New York, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment