Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In the Meantime...

      So, the OFFICIAL countdown to NYC is: 10 days, 23 hours, 58...57....56 minutes....

      But have no fear, I've been keeping myself busy with plenty of Oprah (what other show can embarrassingly make me cry?!), plenty of red velvet cupcakes, unpacking/packing, and haircuts all around (including the dog)!  And a big accomplishment is that I've pretty much packed for my big move in August! I know.

      I may or may not have an addiction to red velvet cupcakes. I am not sure if it's the color or the cream cheese icing that get me every time! There's this place in NYC called Crumbs that makes to die for red velvet cupcakes and I am dying to visit again. AND much to my surprise and joy, there's a Crumbs on the campus where I'll be!! (stay.calm. and. breathe.)

     My Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe:
  • 1 package German Chocolate cake mix with pudding
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 bottle red food coloring
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the cake mix, sour cream, water, oil, food coloring, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minutes. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the mixer with a spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2-3 minutes more. Bake the cupcakes until they spring back when lightly pressed with your finger. I usually keep them in there 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese frosting (recipe below).

Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
  • 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 stick butter, at room temperature
  • 3 and 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the confectioners sugar, a bit at a time, blending with the mixer on ow speed until the sugar is incorporated, 1 minute. Add the vanilla then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.


And then ice the cupcakes after they have cooled. I like to add chocolate sprinkles, but we didn't have any...so. Suffer.









And my puppy is extra cute with her Cocker Spaniel cut. She wanted a cupcake, but I ain't sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment