Thursday, May 26, 2011

PACKING...Well, Sort of...

                  I am leaving tomorrow!!!
                 My level of excitement has reached a new high. First of all, (no offense mama) I am really ready to get out of the house/Kinston! Second, I just finished packing...sort of...and THIRD, Lady Gaga was just talking on her new MTV documentary about her hometown, NEW YORK, and how much she loves it. She even rides her bike around the city when she is home. Can you believe that?? Tomorrow Gaga is kicking off the Good Morning America Summer Concert Tour in Central Park!! Oh, how I love Gaga, but I will miss that show. Good Morning America has summer concerts every Friday and I will DEFINITELY be attending. This summer, the top 11 American Idols, Miranda Lambert, NICKI MINAJ, and others! My parents and I are leaving tomorrow at around lunch time to head to Baltimore for the night and then go some where close to Manhattan on Saturday night. Then I officially move in on Sunday morning at 9am. I do not know my roommate or suitemates, but I am excited to meet new people.
My suitcase remains unpacked...

                 This week, I've been going to my typical appointments...dentist, etc.. Tuesday I went to Chapel Hill for the day and went to Career Services for some assurance in my future. That assurance didn't happen and now I'm even more confused about what I should do after I graduate (but that's way far in the future...well. sort of). I also met up with Ms. Gracie Beard to discuss UNC Dance Marathon things! Wednesday I went to the beach and became....an absolute lobster. I just put half a bottle of aloe vera on my back. And then TODAY, I cooked and baked and packed. Well....sort of.  I'm a last minute packer.

NEW YORK IS SO CLOSE IN MY FUTURE!! GET EXCITED!




Recipes:

1. White Chicken Chili (Brought to you by the lovely Jenny Daughety)
  • 3 cans white beans
  • 4 chicken breasts (boiled and shredded) 
  • 2 lbs. pepper jack cheese (save 1/4 of cheese for topping)
  • 1 large onion (chopped and sauteed)
  • 2 cans of chili peppers
  • 3 cans chicken broth
                   Combine all ingredients and simmer for 2 hours. 







2. Cranberry Brie Pizza  
  • 1 can Pillsbury Pizza Crust
  • 1 can cranberry sauce with whole cranberries
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts 
  • 1 wedge of brie (broken up into small pieces)
                Bake the pizza crust for 7-10 minutes at 450. Spread 3/4 can of cranberry sauce over the half-baked pizza crust. Top the cranberry sauce with the walnuts and brie. Bake another 5-8 minutes (until crust is light brown and brie is melted). 

3. Haystacks!
  • 1 11oz bag of butterscotch chips
  • 3.5 cups of marshmellows
  • 8 oz of Chow Mein noodles(Asian section of grocery store) 
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  Melt butterscotch chips until shiny in color and then melt in peanut butter. Pour over the mix of marshmellows and Chow Mein noodles. Mix thoroughly until all is combined and then put large spoonfuls onto parchment paper and let dry for about an hour. (I put mine in an oven that is not turned on).  
 
Kaylee wanted some scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment