Friday, July 6, 2012

Hiatus

The last ten days have been filled with long car rides and mixed CD's from friends whose songs have been purposefully chosen to make those long car rides seem short. From Charlotte to Myrtle Beach to Kinston to Chapel Hill, it's a good thing nothing beats a summer drive-- windows rolled down, air on high, music turned up. Especially this song. And this one.

I've been on a hiatus. Not just from blogging, but also from my normal, schedule-filled day. Nevertheless, the days and the summer are passing quickly.

I'm moving to Destination Unknown, USA after July 31st, so I'm slowly but surely packing books, pictures and school notebooks into tiny boxes I picked up from the local ABC store. They are all half full and stacked beside my dresser. My massive desk and nightstand both displaying just a single lamp and clock.

I escaped Chapel Hill for the week and made my way to the beach, where I soaked up a lot of sun and enjoyed my fair share of fireworks.



Because fireworks are legal in South Carolina, my sister and I decided to visit the fireworks store.



I had my heart set on sparklers.





And a big display over the ocean.




Finally, I spent a few minutes one night taking pictures of my cute little nephew. Most of them turning out like this:




Some are precious though.











Happy July, everyone!

Always,
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures! There is definitely something magical about long car rides with good music. Especially in the summer. i love summer road trips. Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pics! I have the two most beautiful daughters and the cutest grandson ever!

    ReplyDelete